Opening Hours: Thursday to Monday, 9-6
At Pete's Surf School we want you to have great fun learning to surf in a safe, beautiful environment.
Based here on the stunning west coast of Kintyre, with amazing views of the open ocean, Northern Ireland, Islay and Jura, little compares with this beautiful setting.
All our wetsuits are toasty warm 5mm winter weight, and our boards perfect for learning. Pete is an ISA qualified surf instructor with over 12 years coaching experience, and is an SLSGB qualified Surf Lifeguard.
Whether you are looking to hire some kit and jump in the water, or get some coaching time with Pete, we have what it takes to get you in the water!
Surf Hire - (pickup/drop-off times 0930, 1330, 1730)
We have great quality kit to give you maximum fun in the water. All our suits are winter weight 5mm suits in tip-top condition, and gloves, hoods and boots are available to keep you nice and warm in the water. Softboards are suitable for beginner to advance, and come in super fun 6' to Xwide 9'.
To arrange hire, please contact me by phone or email.
Please fill in the hire form (download below) and return via email. All surf equipment will be in good working order and safety checked prior to hire.
Soft racks, at a rate of £10/day, are also available to help you transport the kit around.
Hire Terms and Conditions:
- At least one member of each hiring group must have had a surf lesson before.
- All equipment users must be able to swim 50m.
- Photo ID and a deposit of £100 is required and will be returned when equipment is returned, subject to damage assessment.
- Hire must be returned in person at the agreed time.
Surf lessons are available for groups and 1-1. Lessons are minimum 2hrs and all equipment is provided. To book a place, please contact me by phone or email.
- Once arranged, please download and fill in an information form (see below) for each participant and bring along on the day.
- Prices include hire of board, wetsuit and accessories. You can bring and use your own equipment, by agreement with Pete.
- All participants must be able to swim 50m.
- Under 16s must be accompanied during lessons by a parent or appropriate adult (who can stay dry on the beach if they want!).
Love Kintyre? Love The Environment
Please be respectful of our lovely local environment. Wild camping is legal in Scotland, and can be great fun, but with the increasing numbers we are seeing, it has a marked impact on the landscape, however responsible people are.
Please use a designated campsite whenever possible. (Machrihanish Holiday Park, Killegruer and Muasdale Holiday Park are all lovely and you will be supporting our local economy)
Please leave nothing but footprints (not poo, litter, firepits, rusty nails and broken glass!)
Please take nothing but memories (and your litter too!)
Thanks, and enjoy this lovely place.
Surf hire Campbeltown Kintyre Surf lessons Campbeltown Kintyre Surfboard wetsuit SUP Paddleboard bodyboard surf lesson surf equipment surfing surf instructor instruction teaching watersports sea sports